French video gaming company Ubisoft said it has launched an investigation into claims of sexual assault and harassment levelled against some of its employees.
In a statement issued on its website on Thursday, it said it was “truly sorry” about the allegations.
Accusations also targeted managers in Brazil, Bulgaria, and the United States, with some of the alleged incidents going back years.
“We have started by launching investigations into the allegations with the support of specialised external consultants,” the company said.
“We are dedicated to creating an inclusive and safe environment for our teams, players, and communities,” Ubisoft said. “It is clear we have fallen short of this in the past. We must do better.”
Contacted by AFP on Friday, Ubisoft officials were unable to say whether anybody had been sacked following the allegations.